Wedding Wednesday ~ Are you a Green Bride ? Going green has been an emerging trend in the last decade, but who knew that the latest craze would be eco-chic weddings? So what exactly is the definition of a "green wedding"? According to GreenBrideGuide's "Green Weddings 101," a green wedding is "any wedding where the couple tries to decrease the impact of their event on the planet." We all know about the benefits of going green and being environmentally conscious, but most brides are not focused on Earth when it comes to their big day. There are quite a few ways however, to be more eco-friendly when planning your wedding and here are just a few...
* Have your invitations printed on recylced paper
* Your gown can be an eco-couture made of sustainable materials
* Use make-up that is environmental friendly (& no animal testing)
* All of the flowers can be locally grown and pesticide free
* Use recycled vases and all natural materials for your centerpieces
* Instead of buying new, purchase any items that have already been gently used
* Buy jewelry made from recycled precious metals and stones. And don't forget the possibilities of transforming vintage pieces into radiantly recycled classics
* Find someplace to donate the leftover food
* Server locally grown and organic food
* Minimize the amount of driving that your guests will have to travel
* Create earth friendly favors, such as flower seed packets, saplings or better yet, why not give a donation to your favorite charity in the name of the guests at your wedding
Something "green" is the new something "blue !
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something