In the past 24 hours the Milford Fire Dept. responded to over 100 calls as followed:
- 4 medicals
- 30 wires down
- 7 transformer fires
- 9 fire alarms
- 30 trees into houses
- 13 water rescues
- 5 bldg fires
- 7 odors of gas
- MFD responded to a reported person who jumped off the Walnut beach pier into the Long Island Sound.
- On Snug Harbor there was a tree into the building which ripped off a gas meter and caused and active gas leak.
- There was a fire in the walls at 100 Trumbull Avenue.
- Three adjacent homes on Rosebrook Rd caught fire due to energized down power lines.
- There was extensive damage as trees continued to fall around crews as they were working to control spread of flames.
- Today crews have been assessing structural damage on the shores in the hardest hit areas and searching and clearing as they go.
- Treat every downed wire as a LIVE wire.
- Do NOT go near or drive over any wires.
- Generators can only be used outdoors and away from doors and windows to minimize carbon monoxide poisoning.
- STAY AWAY FROM THE WATER AND OFF THE ROADS!!!!