Nancy Alderman writes:
Environment and Human Health, Inc. is calling for stricter gun laws in Connecticut.
The 20 children in Newtown and some of their teachers were killed in under 2 minutes. If that does not make the case for assault rifles and guns/pistols that can shoot many rounds of bullets is succession to be banned -- nothing ever will.
CT needs to:
- 1. Ban all assault rifles in Connecticut. When CT banned assault rifles in the 1990's they allowed those that already existed to be grand-fathered in - that has to change. They must now all be banned;
- 2. Guns/pistols that shoot many rounds of bullets need to be banned in the state;
- 3. Guns should not be unprotected in peoples homes.
- 4. To see the gun laws in CT go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Connecticut
- 5. We need the Governor to lead on this - and the legislature to follow.