Beginning Monday, January 21st, 2013, the State of Connecticut will begin emergency repairs to the bridge on Route 162 (New Haven Avenue) located at the Milford and West Haven town lines Monday – Friday between the approximate hours of 7:00 am and 4:00pm.
The project will last approximately six weeks. This area will be reduced to a single lane alternating traffic during construction, according to Milford Police.
A planned detour has been established. The Eastbound traffic detour is listed below:
- Route 162 left onto Anderson Avenue
- Anderson Avenue right onto Merwin Avenue
- Merwin Avenue right onto Oxford Road
- Oxford Road to the West Haven town line continued onto West Haven Woodmont Road
- West Haven Woodmont Road left onto Route 162
The Westbound traffic detour is the above Eastbound detour in reverse order.
The above listed local roadways will experience increased traffic and may result in some expected delays.
For further information regarding this construction project please contact Philip Cohen from the State of Connecticut at (860) 594-2744.