At 9:28 a.m., the responded to a fire alarm at 670 Boston Post Road.
An overhead light caught fire in the hallway above a series of businesses occupying the lower part of the plaza, including and .
There were no injuries in the incident, and the quick response by the Milford Fire Department made sure that the fire did not spread to other parts of the building.
Speaking of the importance of maintaining fire alarms in businesses and residences, Milford Fire Captain Christoper Zak stated, "They save lives. The fire was reported as a fire alarm first, so in this situation, it saved property."
Captain Zak also emphasized the importance of having carbon monoxide detectors at your business or residence.