A Milford man was arrested on March 16 for allegedly stealing a credit card from relatives and going on a shopping spree. According to police, Michael Monroe, 21, of Meadows End Road, stole $4,000 in jewelry from the relatives and also racked up $3,000 in charges on stolen credit cards.
Monroe was charged with the following:
- Third-degree larceny
- Conspiracy to commit third-degree larceny
- Two counts of fourth-degree larceny
- Two counts of conspiracy to commit fourth-degree larceny
- Three counts of fifth-degree larceny
- Three counts of conspiracy to commit fifth-degree larceny
- Three counts of theft of a credit card
- 26 counts of illegal use of a credit card
- 26 counts of conspiracy to illegally use a credit card
- 26 counts of receiving goods through illegal credit card use
- 26 counts of conspiracy to receive goods through illegal credit card use
Monroe’s bail was set at $10,000 and he was scheduled to appear in court that day.
Ronald Barnes, 30, of New Haven, was arrested on March 17 after allegedly stealing two bottles of cologne from at the Milford mall. Barnes was reportedly an employee at a cleaning company. He was released on a promise to appear in court on April 3.
Two people were arrested on March 16 after getting into an altercation. David Drury, 33, of Ansonia, and Contesta McDowell, 30, of Harrison Avenue in Milford, were charged with disorderly conduct and released on a promise to appear in court on March 19.
David Vissaris, 20, of Southern Parkway in Milford, was arrested for disorderly conduct on March 19 after allegedly hitting someone at home. He was released on a promise to appear in court on March 19.
A Milford man allegedly stole a purse from a patron on Bridgeport Avenue. According to the police, the victim forgot the purse inside. Police determined that Jonathan Bodnar, 26, of Nells Road, allegedly brought the purse inside the bathroom, took $89 in cash, and then tossed the purse in the garbage. Bail was set at $100 and he’s scheduled to appear in court on April 3.
A Bridgeport woman is accused of attacking a former companion at his Milford mall workplace. According to the police, Janice Rodriguez, 34, bit the person’s shoulder and hand. She was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace. Rodriguez’ was released on a promise to appear in court on March 19.