Fire Ruled Accidental

Firefighters say improperly disposed "smoking material" sparked the blaze that gutted strip mall.

The fire that gutted five businesses in a strip mall on the Post Road Tuesday night has been classified as accidental in nature and "caused by improperly discarded smoking material," according to the Milford Fire Department.

Assistant Chief/Fire Marshal Allan Zingaro and several fire inspectors conducted their investigation today along with representatives from the Milford Police Department and the Connecticut State Police, according to a press release put out by the Fire Department.

The fire started in the Convenience Junction store and quickly spread into the roof area and traveled throughout the structure, the Fire Department said.

Fortunately, there were no injuries to any civilians or firefighters, according to the department.

Bud August 03, 2011 at 09:13 PM
sirens dont flash-lights due
Bud August 03, 2011 at 09:14 PM
lights do-sorry
Robert C Keppler August 04, 2011 at 07:22 PM
Nice video. Thanks !
Danny Liu August 05, 2011 at 05:47 AM
Arson spreads fast.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »