.

Fire Last Night on Tippy Rd. in Milford

There were no injuries as a result of the fire, though the house's garage is a "total loss."

 

The fire investigation concluded that the fire was started by the improper disposal of coals and ash form a wood burning stove which were placed in a paper bag and left in the garage. 

At 5:15 p.m. on Nov. 8, 2012, the Milford Fire Department responded to a reported garage fire at 39 Tippy Rd. 

At 5:20 p.m., the first unit on scene encountered a two car garage fully involved that extended into the dwelling heavily damaging the first floor family room with smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the home. 

There were also two vehicles in the garage at the time of the fire which is a total loss. Crews made an aggressive interior attack knocking down the fire and containing the bulkof the fire from damaging more of the interior of the dwelling.

There were no reported injuries of either residence or firefighters. The fire investigation concluded that the fire was started by the improper disposal of coals and ash form a wood burning stove which were placed in a paper bag and left in the garage. 

The Milford Fire Department would like to advise the public that all fire debris from a wood stove or fire place be put in a noncombustible container (metal) and placed outsideaway from any structure. The coals can still smolder for days in this state and cause a fire under the right conditions. 

Also, the Fire Department  would like to remind everyone the replace the batteries in their smoke detectors if they forgot due so due to the last two storms we encountered. They recommend replacing them when you change the clocks in the spring and in the fall.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something