Spring cleaning on your mind? Then get ready for Milford's Bulk Waste Pickup Program.
Mayor Benjamin G. Blake announced that the city's program will begin on May 2, the first Wednesday in May.
Items set out for collection are to be placed at the curb not sooner than the Saturday prior to the scheduled date of the collection and all items are to be at the curb by 6 a.m. on the scheduled pickup date. (The schedule is below)
In order to qualify for this free pickup service, the homeowner must properly prepare and separate the bulky waste. Things to keep in mind:
- Metal must be separated from burnable items.
- Yard waste should be placed in disposable containers or bags.
- Brush and wood must be cut to four-foot lengths and tied in bundles.
- No more than four passenger car tires may be included in the items set out for collection.
- Where possible, similar items should be placed together in containers, which the homeowner wishes to discard.
- All acceptable items placed at the curb will be taken, including containers.
Certain items are prohibited from the Bulky Waste Pickup program. The following items will not be picked up and, therefore, should not be placed at the curb:
- Commercial Items
- Logs and Stumps
- Concrete or cement
- Any item requiring more than 2 men to pick up
- Hazardous Waste
- Liquid Waste, oil based paint, motor oil
- Propane Tanks
- Grass Clippings
- Sheetrock and Demolition material**
** Sheetrock and demolition materials must be brought to Waste Conversion, 211 Old Gate Lane, Milford. It will no longer be accepted at the Transfer Station.
Pick Up ScheduleGarbage Day Pick Up Day 1 Pick Up Day 2 Monday May 2 Sept. 5 Tuesday May 9 Sept. 12 Thurday May 16 Sept. 19 Friday May 23 Sept. 26
Call the Public Works Office at 203-783-3265 the Monday before your pick up if you have "White Goods," i.e. stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, hot water heaters, etc.
When registered with a condo association, pick wil be on June 27, 2012.