The votes are in and it's by a landslide. On Monday we asked in a poll what your favorite bank in the city is, and 72 percent of the voters said Milford Bank.
The long-standing financial institution has been in business since 1872. They've been in the same building in downtown Milford since 1926. The company weathered the Great Depression and a slew of other financial crises and is now in Stratford and New Haven.
Tied in second were and , each with 7 percent of the vote.
Which bank in town do you bank on? Which one offers the best customer service and is the most trusted in your opinion?
Let us know and tell us what makes your pick the best in town -- is it the hours, parking availability, service or maybe the lollipops for the kids? We want to know and so does the community. Weigh-in by casting your vote in the poll and leave a comment.
Here are some of the banks we know of, but if we're leaving one off the list, please let us know in the comments and we'll add it.
- Bank of America, 21 Broad Street
- Bank of America, 1331 Boston Post Road
- Chase Bank, 1651 Boston Post Road
- CitiFinancial, 321 Boston Post Road
- Citizens Bank, 123 Cherry Street
- GE Credit Union, 265 Bic Drive
- Milford Bank, 33 Broad Street
- Milford Bank, 1455 Boston Post Road
- Milford Bank, 205 Bridgeport Avenue
- Milford Bank, 259 Merwin Avenue
- Milford Bank, 295 Boston Post Road
- Milford Federal Credit Union, 70 West River Street
- New Alliance Bank, 68 Broad Street
- Patriot National Bank, 771 Boston Post Road
- People's United Bank, 734 Bridgeport Avenue
- People's United Bank, 190 Broad Street
- People's United Bank, 1364 East Town Road
- People's United Bank, 1636 Boston Post Road
- Sikorsky Credit Union, 15 Turnpike Square
- Webster Bank, 100 Broad Street
- Webster Bank, 314 Merwin Avenue
- Wells Fargo, 215 Cherry Street