Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career in Law Enforcement? is encouraging men and women to apply for the position of Police Officer.
We are a professional, progressive agency committed to providing quality police services to the community.Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Age: 21 years of age
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Residence: No requirement to apply. If appointed must reside in a town within a 15 mile radius
- Citizenship: Must be US citizen at time of appointment
- Qualification: Must be of good moral character. Be of good physical condition, with height proportioned to weight. Eyesight correctable to 20-20. Hold a valid Driver’s license. Have not been convicted of a felony, class A or class B misdemeanor or have committed an act that would constitute perjury or false statement.
- Examinations: Applicant must undergo and successfully pass a physical agility test, written exam, and oral exam.
- Background Screening: Prior to appointment applicant must undergo a background investigation to include a medical exam, psychological testing, drug screening and polygraph examination.
The benefits package includes a competitive salary range $53,939 - $61,176, family health and dental insurance,advancement and promotional opportunities, 20 year retirement available, educational bonuses, military service buy-back option and much more.
Applications are currently being accepted and must be returned to the South Central Criminal Justice Administration, 675 State Street, New Haven, CT 06511 by July 25, 2012 at 4:30 pm.
Applications must be received, not merely postmarked by this date. Applications are available at Milford Police Headquarters at the Patrol Division window or you may visit our website at www.milfordpd.org and click on “Career Opportunities”.