The City of Milford Emergency Evacuation Shelter at Jonathan Law High School 20 Lansdale Avenue Milford, CT 06460 will have basic necessities for survival including food, water and a place to sleep. However, shelters will not be able to provide the same level of convenience as a family member's home or a hotel.
Individuals & families who plan to come to the shelter should remember the following:
• Shelters allow approximately 30 square feet per person. Do not bring anything that is not absolutely necessary for a 24-48 hour stay.
• Clothing & Bedding: One complete change of clothing including footwear; sleeping bag and pillow.
• Medications: Bring all medications clearly marked with your name, dosage, type of medication, & prescribing physician. You must be able to take all medications yourself.
• Food: If you have the need for special foods (i.e. diabetic, low salt, baby food, formula, etc.), please bring these special dietary items with you.
• Personal Items: Bring washcloth, small towel, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
• Important Papers: Bring identification and valuable papers (insurance documents, etc.), the name and address of doctors, and name/address of nearest relative not living in area.
• Pets: There will be an area for your pets at the shelter. Please bring adequate food and water for your pets.
• Miscellaneous: Bring a cell phone if you have one.