I would like to document yet another occurrence at the Stowe barn property, owned by the city of Milford.
Last week my wife and I and another neighbor called the fire department to come put out a fire that was lit in the bushes which are on the Stowe property, approximately 75 feet from the city owned barn.
The fire was lit by several of the neighborhood kids about 12 years of age, the flames reached about five feet high before being extinguished.
This fire could have easily gotten out of control and put at risk the Stowe barn, our property and all of the other neighboring homes and residents if it hadn't been noticed and extinguished in time.
This is yet another incident which I believe is symptomatic of the property being left vacant for so long and a reminder to the mayor that continuing to do so is putting the property and neighbors of the property at risk.